Port Barton

Port Barton

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in the Philippines!



Wow! Whoops I haven't written here for so long.. I've got so much to say...
OK December 18th was my birthday! We had a party in the evening... We had soo much food and loads of people came.. We just chatted and ate and then later did karoake! at midnight we went to Ann's house, it was also her birthday and Paolo's aswell! They're 18th! We played a few drinking games and watched the weirdest movie ever - Teeth! Haha it was a good night.. But by 2am I was so tired and went to bed...
On Sunday night we were going to go swimming but a private party booked the place so we couldnt.. So insteaad we went to Ate Lorna's house and ate all the junk food left over from my party... And then went to Guia's house where I stayed overnight and didn't sleep until 5am... So I spent most of Monday sleeping! Ok I forgot what I did on the days after that.. But on Thursday night (23rd) (I think it was thursday) lots of us spent the night at Tatay Tony's house... Me, Kia, Kei, Camille, Paolo, Trixcia, Kathleen and Ann (They are all cousins around my age) It was fun! We played uno and some crazy card games with vodka hahaaa.. And then we watched some really weird scary movies... I'm not good with scary movies so I was hiding a lot of the time haha... We didn't sleep till past 5am! Everyone was like sardines... Camille, Kathleen, Kia and Ann slept in one bed and me and Trixcia had a single mattress and Kei slept on the floor... I was so sleep the next day but I still managed to go to the mall with Ate May..
On Friday (24th) we went to Greenwoods (a subdivision type thing) because Tatay Tony wanted some cassava.. SO they dug up the cassava and got some sugarcane and bananas too! IN the evening we celebrate nochebuena! It was soo much fun........ We had lots of chairs and tables outside on the looban with lots of food and also the karoake!  We played some party games and ate too much and sang lots! Then we exchanged gifts in monito monita (secret santa.) Lots of people went home after midnight but Me and Kei, Ann and Kathleen, Kuya Ricky, Dante and some people I don't know stayed up past 5am doing karoake and palying card games and drinking (a little!).. Haha it was soo funny.... It would never be allowed in England.. The karoake was sooo loud and they were still singing outside until 5am.. I don't know how the neighbours slept!
I had 4 hours sleep and then it was Christmas Day! Loads of people visited.. they come to see their godparents to ask for money every December 25... I just stayed at home on Christmas Day and chatted with everyone.. And exchanged gifts.. OH and I also tried to organise our trip on December 26...
On Boxing Day we went to Laguna to see some of the family as there was a wake... They live in the countryside.. it was a nice place.. and then we went to Daranak falls... And another waterfall whose name ive forgotten.. It was soo nice.. The pools at the bottom were turquoise and beautiful.. We went swimming.. The water was cool and soo refreshing...
When we got home Kei, Kia, Ann and me watched  Avatar at Ann's house...... We ate loads of chocolate from the duty free so it was like English chocolate and loads of crisps.. I stayed awake through 2 hours of the film but fell asleep and missed the last 20 minutes haha... I was soo tired..
Yesterday (27th) we planned to go to the mall at 10.. at 10.30 i went to Kei;s house and there lola (grandma) said they were still sleeping hahaa...  So we didnt leave till 12... We needed to buy gifts for Ann's 18th birthday celebration.. And also dresses and a shirt for Paolo! Haha Paolo was soo slow at choosing... he didn't buy a shirt untill 9pm! He's so picky... By that time we all wanted him to hurry up and choose so everytime we saw a shirt we acted like a salesperson and tried to persuade him to buy it.. It was soo funny...
Ooo and we ate so much food... They have awesome food in the mall... We had pork steak and rice and iced  tea for about £1.70.. And amazing icecream for P15 which is like 30p i think... In the evening we had like beef in a wrap with vegetables and asauce.. then we bought nachos.. and siomai.. and crepes.. and jolibee fries... We were sooo full! Then finally after that Paolo found a shirt and we went home at 10pm...
OK thats it! Thats my Christmas! Tonight is Ann's debut! SO i need to prepare for the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment