Port Barton

Port Barton

Sunday, January 30, 2011

January!

Oh my goodness I haven't posted on this since before New Year... Woopssssssssssss.... Ok so New Year.... We had a few late nights... Until 5 or 6am.... Lots of food, karoake and a bit of alcohol :) On Dec 30 i think it was.. We had a party at Kuya Ian's house... It was soo funny... I don't reallt remember what we did.. but it was fun.. And then me and Kuya Philip and Kuya Ricky walked home.. and chatted.. And I found out that Kuya Ricky has a tattoo saying his name in trhe ancient language of the Philippines or something.. But in that language they don't have an R.. so a d is used as a substitute for the R.. So his tattoo says Dicky.. I found that so funny.. Even now i find that so funny... Ok moving on...On New Years Eve (I think it was New Years eve) I went with Kuya Impo to watch him get his first tattoo.. It was interesting... Especially the place.. Outside someone's house in like a courtyard.. and when it got darker he just had like a small lamp... Only in the philippines :) And then in the evening everyone prepared loads of food... like Filipino ham and Gulaman (Ate Daisy!)... It was really nice.. And then at midnight there were loads of fireworks! We stayed up very late agian.. I remember we were at Ann's house dancing at 4am.. Me and Paolo were dancing with red wine haha... I have these random memories that keep appearing in my mind..On New Years Day I slept alot and ate alot...

And then On Jan 2nd I went to Bohol! And it rained.. and rained... I met the family who I was going to live with.. They were so nice.. I stayed with them for 2 days.. On my 2nd day they took me to Panglao Island.. even though it was raining.. And we visited an underground cave which was amazing... and then we went to the beach.. And swam in the sea and ate alot! Oh and I kicked a sea urchin! Ouch.. I only just removed the spike yesterday about 3 weeks later hahaa..
The following day I went to the island of Camiguin... And gues what.. It rained so much! I met Tita susan (the lady I stayed with) at her school... She made me feel really comfortable.. then we went back to her house and I met all the family and ate Lechon baboy... A whole roasted pig! For the first time.. It was sooo nice! The next day Tita Susan toured me around the island.. it rained most of the time.. But I could still see it was soo beautiful.. One day I will go back there... I fell in love with the place.. We visited a cold spring.. and the sunken cemetary.. And a hot spring.. .Then we went back home..
 And the next day I returned to Bohol... Thank god the weather improved.. And the next day I toured Bohol with my Boholano family again in the sunshine! We had a picnic on the beach, visited a hanging bridge over the Lomboc river.. it was amazing... The river was like you see in movies in the jungle... And then we went to the famous chocolate hills.. and it rained! Just as we drove up to them.. But after about an hour and a meeting with a crazy drunk man whose English was sooo funny it stopped... And we visited the Chocolate hills... Very nice... The next day I said goodbye to my lovely family..

And got the boat to Cebu... Where... I met my friend Beverly (from Launceston, England) who was coming back to the Philippines on vacation! She invited me to stay with her family for a few days.... The first night I was there we went to mass at Santo nino church.. it was amazing.. there were so many people... it was just awe inspiring... The next day we went to the mall and then ate in this crazy outdoor bbq place in the centre of Cebu city.. There were hundreds of tables undercover but outside surrounding by loads of bbq vendors.. They gave us plastic bags to use as gloves and we ate hanging rice and bbq chicken and pork... It was really delicious but my eyes were watering from the smoke from the bbq... The next day we planned to tour the south of the island and its beaches but that plan failed haha.. Somehow I dont know how... And so I went to a cockfight instead.. It was so exciting! There was soo much energy and enthusiam from the people watching... I went with beverly's brother and cousin.. And they got me to choose which cock i thought would win and they bet on it.. And they won 6 times in a row! My instincts were good!

And then that night I got the plane back to Manila... It was soo nice to be back on the looban again and see so many familiar faces... That week I don't remember much what I did.. But I mainly stayed at home and chatted with everybody.... Ok I'm sorry i don't remember what happened up until the 17th or something....  In the evening me and Kuya Philip and Kuya Impo and some other people went into Manila to buy flowers for the fiesta... It was like a market just for flowers... Really cheap and beautiful :) After we found the flowers we ate at a food house... and I had the best ever halo halo ever! OK thats all for that.. haha.. The next day was the motorcade.. When lots of cars and motorcycles parade round the whole of Pinagbuhatan.. For most of the journey I back rode on ryan's motor (moped as we British call it).. for about 3 hours... Haha my but hurt so bad when i got off at the end.. But it was really fun.. Everyone was shouting out to us in the street.. There were so many people about...Ermmm the next day was fiesta! And I got at 6am (so painful!) so that we were ready to parade the streets again.. this time on foot.... It was soo fun... We got soo wet! Everybody chucked water over us.. and lots of people picked me out specially to get wet.. so i was soaked.. And some random guys danced with me in the street... some other random guy kissed me on the cheek.. and another scary guy stalked me hahaaa... So all in all it was exciting... I'm not very good at describing it sorry.... The next day Friday 21st we went to the mall.. and then Saturday i think i stayed at home and prepared my rucksack and everything.. Coz my plane to Bangkok was the next day.... And sooo Sunday was my last day.. It was sad.. I was so sad to say goodbye to everybody but excited about my trip to Thailand.. :)
Okk i'll make a new blog about thailand.. Im sorry if this was boring.. it's 1.30am and I can't be bother to make it more exciting haha.. I love you

I might top this up later when I read my diary in case i forgot something interesting or funny....

No comments:

Post a Comment