Port Barton

Port Barton

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thailand! 1st week!

Hello and welcome to Thailand! Sawadhee Ka! I've been in Thailand for a week now! Exactly a week actually.. Well 1 week and 1 hour thats quite impressive...
And I like it.. I arrived in Bangkok at midnight last Sunday the 23rd... And i slept in the airport using my rucksack as a pillow for a few hours.. Then I got a bus into Bangkok... To the wrong place... Had to get a taxi to the right place where my chosen hostel was.. My chosen hostel was fully booked.. So I had to walk for like 20 minutes in the heat with my super heavy rucksack to the next more expensive hotel... 550 baht per night! I didnt care i just needed to lay down.... ..After sleeping for a while I walked around the area and found a nice temple/wat and ate too much street food... which ended up making me sick the next day hahaaa... Anyway my 2nd day in Bangkok I visited the museum of Siam.. Which was so interesting.. It had all about the history and culture of Thailand and its people... It wasnt just a boring old museum.. Coz i dont like museums like that.. it was soo modern and nice... i learnt alot.. It even had about old fashioned and modern day toilets.. It was impressive.. Then I got the boat to Chinatown..and got super ripped off by the evil Tuk-Tuk driver.. It was my fault i forgot to negotiate a price before we left... but i was soo tired and felt ill.. So i just got a taxi back to the hotel...

And then in the evening i got the overnight train to Si Saket.. where i will spend most of my time in Thailand teaching english.. I met Pee Ann who I'm living with.. She is an English teacher in a high school.. And we went to her house which is amazing... Her dad designed.it... It is made completely of wood.. and the design is just awesome... The Mum and dad speak hardly any english.. So its interesting.. but they are so nice.. And the food is so good... My first day there i went to the high school and primary school.. the kids are soo nice...

This weekend Pee Ann (by the way Pee means older sis/brother... they use it as respect) needed to go to a town near pattaya on the coast to apply for university.. So we took a road trip! And had an interesting time... We arrived at 6am on friday morning.. And slept alot.. After waking up we met Pee Ann's friend (Ton's) sister and her friends.. and went to the beach.. We went on a banana boat haha it was soo much fun... The next day we went to the zoo Which was quite fun.. because it was a drive through zoo.. I met an elephant... And lots of other animals...  And then in the evening we went to a flloating market which has food and items from each area of Thailand.. It was really interesting... And finally today we drove back to Korat "Ton's" city... Tonight we went to a night market and I bought soo much.. It was really nice.. I bought shorts and a tshirt and lots of gifts and a dvd.. Haha.. Then we ate noodles! ( I learnt how to use chopsticks!) Yay! And now I'm at pee Ann's auntie's house.. Yes the last week I've been trying to learn Thai.. Its soo hard! But fun! . And I'm gonna go to sleep! Mahal Kita! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment